Antique Stoneware 1/2 Gal Remmey Canning Fruit Jar Crock with Cobalt, PA, ca. 1875
Description : A fine Mid-Atlantic Pantry Jar, Canning or Preserve Crock with brushed cobalt floral decorations, approximate Half-Gallon capacity, probably the Remmey Family Pottery, Philadelphia, PA, ca. Wheel-thrown, cylindrical form with tooled shoulder and squared rim. Decorated all-around with graduated swags and drooping tulip florals in bold, Brushed Cobalt. Salt-Glazed exterior; no Albany or Mineral slip on the interior.
Condition : There is shallow flake on the rim, and a faint line on the base, as shown; otherwise in Very Good to Excellent as-made condition. Inherent glaze glaze, surface and firing imperfections noted for descriptive accuracy. See photos for complete details and close-ups.
Please consider them as part of the description. Measures approximately 8-1/2H x 5-1/4W overall.
The inner and outer rim diameters are 3-7/8 and 4-3/4, respectively. Good Luck, thanks for looking, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily. The item "Antique Stoneware 1/2 Gal Remmey Canning Fruit Jar Crock with Cobalt, PA, ca. 1875" is in sale since Thursday, March 7, 2019.
This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Pottery & China\China & Dinnerware\Stoneware". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Main Color: Brushed Cobalt Swags & Florals, Gray Salt Glaze
- Brand: Pennsylvania Origin, Possibly Remmey, Philadelphia, ca.1875
- Model: Storage Jar w/ Primitive Cobalt Floral Decorations
- Object Type: Antique Stoneware Fruit, Preserve or Canning Jar w/ Cobalt
- Style: Primitive Country Americana
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- MPN: Half-Gallon Capacity (approx.)
- Color: Bold, Blue Cobalt Decoration on Gray Stoneware