NR Antique Stoneware A+ 1G Crock with Primitive Cobalt, Northeastern US, c. 1875
Description : A small Stoneware Crock with primitive Cobalt Decoration, 1-Gallon capacity, Northeastern US, origin, ca. Wheel-thrown, cylindrical form with tooled rim and applied lug handles. Front features a stylized Whatchamacallit Tornado, Tree, etc. Decoration, artistically executed in the boldest of Slip-Trailed Cobalt. Shiny, Salt-Glazed exterior; Albany Slip interior. Condition : Shallow flake on the right handle, and some minor glaze spalling (lower right), as shown; otherwise in Excellent to Near Mint as-made condition. No cracks, repaired damage or restoration work.
Super strong color on this Keeper! See photos for complete details and close-ups. Please consider them as part of the description.
HTF 1-Gallon capacity; probably 3/4 Gal. Filled an inch or two below the rim. Measures only 7-1/4H x 8-3/8W overall with a base diameter of 7. The inner and outer rim diameters are 6-7/8 and 8, respectively. Good Luck, thanks for looking, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily. The item "NR Antique Stoneware A+ 1G Crock with Primitive Cobalt, Northeastern US, c. 1875" is in sale since Saturday, March 9, 2019. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Pottery & China\China & Dinnerware\Stoneware". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Main Color: Blue Slip Trailed Decoration, Tan Salt Glazed Body
- Brand: Bullard & Scott, Cambridgeport, Boston MA, ca.
- Model: Blue Decorated Crock w/ Slip Trailed Cobalt Floral
- Object Type: Cobalt Decorated Storage Jug w/ Bird on Sprig
- Style: Primitive Country Americana
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- MPN: 2-Gallon Capacity
- Color: Tan Salt Glaze w/ Bold Blue Cobalt Decoration